Wednesday, September 18, 2002

LexiLine Journal #27-C - 2002 : "in the days when we were all dark"?

Welcome!

.

[For a brief period after Newsletter 27 in the year 2002, we posted to LexiLine without giving a specific Newsletter number, and then resumed normal numbered postings with Newsletter 28. Hence the interceding postings (with related topics sometimes combined in one posting) are here named 27-A, 27-B, 27-C, etc.]

Carl Schoeman submitted the following posting:

Hi Andis,

Thanks for your welcoming note. In your note you mentioned an interesting theory that we were once all dark? My research brought me to the opposite conclusion. Could you please forward your sources to me for studying purposes? I.e. websites, literature, etc. and I will let you have mine.

Carl

> --- In LexiLine@y..., "Carl Schoeman" wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> > My name is Carl and I live in sunny South Africa in Darkest Africa.
>
> Carl,
>
> Welcome to the list.
>
> I have a very good friend who grew up in South Africa and he loved
> it there, and he is a very bright man. Through his influence, I
> developed a love for native South African folk music which I still
> retain today - i.e. Miriam Makeba etc.
>
> Indeed, I would rather listen to South Arican music than a lot of
> what is on the airwaves today.
>
> But some modern stuff is very good. The most popular singer in
> Belgium, Helmut Lotti, e.g. has a wonderful album put out several
> years ago called "Out of Africa" - terrific!
>
> I know you mean it tongue in cheek, but never would I myself call
> South Africa "darkest Africa" - it surely is the "pearl" of the
> African continent - and we all come from Africa way back when
> anyhow.... so if you want to trace the history of civilization back
> far enough, you will always wind up on the largest continent, and in
> the days when we were all dark.
>
> Race and darkness are NEVER the real problem - it is people and
> their BEHAVIOR that is the problem - everywhere.
>
> Andis

I posted the following answer to that posting:

Carl,

here is a nice web link discussing the theories

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2001/01/0111origins.html

Richard Leakey suggests - based on the social civilized organization of modern man - that we may derive from the KUNG! Bushmen, whose social organization can be seen as the precursor to modern man's social organization.

Since Latvian KUNG means "man, sir" KUNDZE is "lady" and since the Baltic languages are the oldest still spoken Indo-European tongues, which is why the Baltic is called "the Baltic" - for BALT in Latvian means white - the issue for me is moot. We are just paled-out darkies.

I personally do not know of any serious intelligent person who doubts the "Out of Africa" theory. There may be intelligent multi-regionalists out there, but I have never met one and I will not waste my time or the list's time on this stuff - it leads nowhere.

We will also not permit "creationist" nonsense to be discussed here. There are plenty of waste-your-time religious forums for that kind of thing online.

My view on religion is simple. Belief is not fact. It is the absence of fact.

No comments:

Most Popular Posts of All Time

LexiLine Journal Archive