Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Megaliths in Latvia - Pokainu Mežs - Davinu Upurakmens - Kolkas Rags - LexiLine Journal 307

Vilnis Grauds sent me the following link about megaliths in Latvia where the stones are known as "foot stones" or "border stones". The site is in Latvian but the photographs do not require much language. See http://tradition.lf.lv/Allazhu_akmenji.htm

Grauds was interested as to whether I had done any work on the Latvian megaliths and I have, but I had not posted it up to now since it is all provisional - I simply do not have enough photographs or locational material. Nevetheless, I am uploading a general - provisional - decipherment as latvianmegaliths.png [the graphic below]


to our Lexiline files for the "Baltic - Latvia Lithuania Estonia" at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LexiLine/files/

in which we already have the file for the Davinu Upurakmens
davinuupurakmens.gif (here as davinuupurakmens.png)

No comments:

Most Popular Posts of All Time

LexiLine Journal Archive