Monday, March 22, 2004

Latvia: Cupmarked Davinu Upurakmens Cygnus Lyra & Aquila - LexiLine Journal 267

To our Files under the Baltic directory at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LexiLine/files
I have now uploaded

davinuupurakmens.gif

showing that this carved rock represents Cygnus, Lyra and Aquila in its cupmarks.
In the ancient megalithic survey of Latvia, in fact, this cupmarked rock represents the star DENEB in Cygnus.

My previous identification of this rock as Scorpio is incorrect - the prong of three stars can also be Scorpio in some cases, but then I had marked it as provisional to begin with, since I had only one megalith in Latvia, and that is generally too little material.

In the meantime, I discovered some other megaliths in Latvia and since I have been able to decipher them, the measuring system used in ancient Latvia is clear and thus also the decipherment of the Davinu Offering Stone.

I will be uploading more about this in coming e-mails, including a map of Latvia, showing the location of the stones.

No comments:

Most Popular Posts of All Time

LexiLine Journal Archive